With nearly 250 sessions and 250+ speakers at this year’s event there’s plenty to do during traditional conference hours.
However, with so many attending from out of town and those in-town looking for additional opportunities after-hours, we feel an obligation to provide a wide variety of options.
Sunday, October 13:
- 1:00 pm ET – Diversity & Inclusion in Open Source and Technology – Raleigh Convention Center
Although this is not a traditional “social” it is a free event featuring some amazing content. And, it does include a networking social once programming is wrapped up. Only a few seats remain, so register quickly if interested.
- 6:00 pm ET – Official Welcome Social, hosted by the team at Automattic – Rye Bar in the Marriott Hotel, 500 Fayetteville St, Raleigh, NC 27601.
Monday, October 14:
- 5:30 pm ET – After-Hours Social, hosted by the team at Sonatype – Jimmy V’s (about a block away from the Convention Center on Fayetteville Street, 420 Fayetteville St, Raleigh, NC 27601)
- 5:30 pm ET – RIOT hardware and IoT Demo Night, hosted by RIOT – Raleigh Convention Center, 4th and 2nd floors. RIOT programming will begin immediately following ATO programming in Ballroom B on the 4th floor, then move down to the 2nd floor for the IoT Demo Night.
- 6:00 pm ET – Hyperledger at All Things Open meetup. Doors open at 5:45 pm EST. Meetup is from 6:00 – 7:00 pm EST. Room/location: 302A (3rd floor, left side of the Convention Center). To RSVP – https://www.meetup.com/Hyperledger-Raleigh/events/264974285/
- 7:30 pm ET – Speaker / Sponsor Dinner. Each year we say “thank you” to those making it all possible – our speakers and sponsors. Starts at 7:30 pm ET in the Sheraton 2nd floor Ballrooms.
Tuesday, October 15:
- 6:00 pm ET – Official Send-Off Social, hosted by the team WP Engine – Boxcar, (3-4 blocks away from the Convention Center, but a pretty easy walk), 330 W Davie St, Raleigh, NC 27601, (919) 803-2796. A great way to say goodbye together, until we meet again for ATO 2020. Lots of video games and fun to be had by all.
- 5:45 pm ET – Istio meetup at All Things Open. Doors open at 5:30 pm EST. Meetup is from 5:45 – 7:30 pm EST. Room/location: 302A (3rd floor, left side of the Convention Center). To RSVP – https://www.meetup.com/Triangle-Kubernetes-Meetup/events/264418548/.
ATO wants you to enjoy yourself at our socials, but we also want you to be safe. If you think you may have had too much to drink, you feel unwell or your transportation arrangements fall through unexpectedly during any of our socials, please don’t hesitate to find an ATO staff member at the registration table who will gladly assist you. Likewise, if you are concerned about the well-being, safety or behavior of a colleague, please let an ATO staff member know immediately. Can’t see an ATO staff member? Please call or text Jennifer Suber (ATO staff member / event coordinator) at 803-608-6161. She will assist you immediately and discretely.