Inclusion in Open Source & Technology: A Conversation
A lack of inclusion and diversity in open source and technology remains one of the biggest challenges facing companies today. While limited acknowledgment of, and actions to address the problem have taken place, much of the conversation is now centered on how best to accomplish a more inclusive open source process and workplace.
For the first time ever, the team at All Things Open will host a conversation around the topic, one that will hopefully push the discussion forward and identify new ideas and possible solutions. And most importantly, it will be done in a transparent and respectful way in a safe and welcoming environment.
The event is free to the general public. Target audience includes inclusion and diversity thought leaders, existing and future technologists, and decision makers of all types.
The agenda for the day includes:
- 1:00 pm ET – Check-in and registrations opens, Raleigh Convention Center
- 2:00 – 2:15 pm – Welcome and overview – hosted by emcee Danese Cooper
- 2:15 – 3:00 pm – Stand-alone 10-12 minute presentations
- 3:15 – 4:00 pm – Moderated panel discussion + audience Q&A
- 4:15 – 5:00 pm – Sub-topic group discussions
- 5:05 – 5:15 – Closing comments and take-aways
- 5:15 – 6:30 – Networking Social, hosted and made possible by GitHub
A few important reminders:
- The Inclusion in Open Source & technology event will take place at the Raleigh Convention Center starting at 2:00 pm ET.
- All attendees must register here. *Please note registering for All Things Open does not include the Inclusion and Diversity event. The event is a separate option in Eventbrite and is FREE.
- The event will be followed by a networking social. We believe continuing the discussion and meeting new people is very important.
- Attendees are also welcome to attend the official ATO 2018 Welcome Social starting at 6:00 pm in downtown Raleigh. Welcome Social details will be announced soon.