Lightning Talks – Tuesday, Oct. 15th
Announcing the All Things Open 2019 lightning talk lineup
Speakers will have five minutes to enlighten the audience about an open source topic they are passionate about. Everything from DevOps to Kubernetes, and how open source is used in education, healthcare, government, design, and more will be covered. Grab your lunch, find a seat, warm up your Twitter fingers, and get ready for the fastest
hour at All Things Open.
Share your favorite thoughts and take-aways using hashtag #AllThingsOpen.
- Why do we contribute to open source? – Gordon Haff, Red Hat | @ghaff
- Finding your next open source contribution with Open Sauced – Brian Douglas, GitHub | @bdougieYO
- Open source design: How to encourage designers contributing to OSS – Eriol Fox, Ushahidi | @erioldoesdesign
- A complete FOSS stack for electronic health records – K.S. Bhaskar, YottaDB LLC | @ksbhaskar
- #IAmCS: An open source approach for equity-focused CS education – Aria Chernik, Duke University and Mary Hemphill, NC Department of Public Instruction | @ariachernik and @limitless__lady
- Organizing open source for cities – Jacob Green, Mosslabs.io | @jacoblyopen
- How to start contributing to Kubernetes when you have a full time job – Tara Gu, IBM
- Are you being the right person for DevOps – Josh Atwell, Splunk | @josh_atwell