Start-Up Pitch Competition
A few of the world class judges have included:
Lulu.com and Red Hat Co-Founder
Southeast TechInventures and AgTechInventures, Inc
Red Hat Strategic Investments
Companies that have participated in past years:
THE CALL FOR START-UPS IS NOW OPEN!
If you’re an “open” start-up and interested in pitching your company to a panel of VCs, CEOs and company founders take 10 minutes and submit your company for consideration today using the Wufoo form below. The Call for Start-Ups is open through Friday, August 2, 2019.
Although there are many, many ways to define an “open” company we choose to define it in the following way for the purpose of the event this year:
- The company must use open source software and/or hardware and be able to prove it.
- The company should contribute to, or otherwise support, open source projects.
- The company can be a software company, a hardware company, and consulting/services company, or a mix.
- Business models can range from consulting, services/support, custom development, SaaS, open core, or one of the many others currently being adopted. We understand there are many approaches.
- The company must be legally organized and registered in the United States.
- The company must have achieved a revenue run rate of at least $50,000 USD per year OR secured external funding of at least $100,000 USD not from personal or family sources.
- Verify your company qualifies based on the criteria identified above.
- Verify you and/or your team are available to travel to All Things Open if chosen (the competition will take place Monday, October 14, 2019)
- Complete and submit the form providing the most accurate information possible by Wednesday, August 2nd, 2019.
- Wait to be notified whether you’ve been chosen as one of the 5 semi-finalists.
WHY PARTICIPATE AND SUBMIT YOUR COMPANY?
If chosen as a semi-finalist, your prize package (valued at $5000+) includes:
- Paid flight + hotel to ATO for one (1) team member (two nights hotel, domestic flight not to exceed $500 USD).
- Free exhibit table at the conference. Guarantees exposure to a large and influential audience (4,000+ expected from all over the U.S. and world).
- Pitch to our panel of judges / investors from world-class companies and organizations.
- Meet with and receive feedback from these investors.
- Receive significant exposure in front of a large and very targeted audience, to include technologists, C-level, and media.
CONTACT US WITH QUESTIONS
Contact us directly with questions at [email protected]