OCTOBER 23 - 24, 2017
Sign Up For More Info
Raleigh Convention Center
Deadline Extended to Sept 15th!
In Partnership With
All Things Open, the largest open source, open tech, and open web conference on the east coast of the United States, will host its second annual “Open” Pitch Competition on the first day of the 2017 event, which is Monday, October 23, 2017. Five (5) winning teams will be chosen to deliver 5 minute pitches (and 5 minutes of Q & A) presenting their company from the main stage to a panel of VCs, CEOs, and Founders.
The pitch session will be in front of a live plenary audience. More than 1,500 technologists and decision makers are expected to attend the event from all over the United States and the world.
World Class Judges Confirmed
Although there are many, many ways to define an “open” company we choose to define it in the following way for the purposes of the event this year:
- The company must use open source software and/or hardware and be able to prove it.
- The company must contribute to, or otherwise support, open source projects.
- The company can be a software company, a hardware company, a consulting/services company, or a mix.
- Business models can range from consulting, services/support, custom development, SaaS, open core, or one of the many others currently being adopted. We understand there are many approaches.
- The company must be legally organized and registered in the United States.
- The company must have achieved a revenue run rate of at least $50,000 USD per year OR secured external funding of at least $100,000 USD not from personal or family sources.
- Verify your company qualifies based on the criteria identified above.
- Verify you and/or your team are available to travel to All Things Open if chosen (the competition will take place October 23, 2017)
- Complete and submit the form providing the most accurate information possible by Friday, September 15th, 2017.
- Wait to be notified whether you’ve been chosen as one of 5 finalists.
Why Participate and Submit Your Company?
If chosen as a semi-finalist, your prize package (valued at $5000+) includes:
- Paid flight + hotel to ATO for one (1) team member (two nights hotel, domestic flight not to exceed $500 USD).
- Free exhibit table at the conference. Guarantees exposure to a large and influential audience.
- Pitch to our judges panel of investors from world-class companies and organizations.
- Meet with and receive feedback from these investors.
- Receive significant exposure in front of a large and very targeted audience, to include technologists, C-level, and media.
Submit Your Company Today!
Complete and submit the form providing the most accurate information possible by Friday, September 15th, 2017.