Marcus Hellberg – Why the next business app you build will be a PWA (Beginner)
Progressive Web Applications have taken the web by storm in the past year. Companies like Microsoft, Twitter, Starbucks, and Spotify have turned their most important apps into PWAs with impressive results.
When talking about PWAs, the focus is mostly on consumer-facing apps. In this presentation, you’ll learn why PWAs might be even more relevant for business apps. Native-like user experiences and a single codebase means you can build a better app faster. Building a web app also means easier distribution, and increased security.
Mike Herchel – Identifying and Profiling Web Performance Bottlenecks (Intermediate)
We know that your website’s performance is critical to the success of its mission. Conversion rates are proven to plummet if with every second of page load time.
- Web performance metrics you should be measuring and how. Which are the most important?
- How do I optimize my site for each of these web performance metrics
- How browsers render web pages, and how to use this knowledge to optimize the loading experience.
- What is the critical path? How do I account for this?
- Identifying, profiling, and optimizing for third party scripts.