Similar to creativity, the quest to innovate is not an isolated activity. With the right listeners, we can spot opportunities to innovate and enhance service offerings. This presentation highlights projects and approaches the GeorgiaGov Interactive team has worked over the last five years, to stay on the leading edge of user centered strategy and open source technology.
Five years ago in 2011 the State of Georgia moved its web publishing platform to Drupal. The business case for a Drupal implementation promised efficiency benefits and cost savings for the state’s web presence. Open source implementation let us to focus on innovation as our platform grew from hosting just websites to data visualization and conversation interfaces. This talk leads through the journey of how Georgia embraced open source and expanded its services beyond the screen.
This session will cover the following:
- A close look at Georgia’s ROI on implementing Drupal
- How other organizations can plan for a large scale Drupal implementation
- The technical, business and end-user influences on Georgia’s existing Drupal platform
- Managing a digital services team to support an enterprise
- Maintaining your Drupal platform post migration
- Opening your data using open source
- Going beyond the screen. A glimpse of conversational interfaces and chat bots.
Other states, local governments or any organization looking to implement an enterprise Drupal solution will benefit from this session.